Tuesday, March 17, 2009

.:: Project #2: Self-Visualization Concept ::.

I came up with a lot of ideas for this project based on the project concept questions that were on the website:

1) I wanted to take the category "important physical attributes" and to just show off my 3 important attributes, which are my eyes, my smile and my hair in the photos. I would take a whole body picture or half body picture for each panel and make the photo black and white. I would then just make the important features in color to highlight them. I may include text or pictures in the panels.

2) I wanted to take the category "aspects of your personality" and take photos showing those qualities, which are that I'm sweet, caring, helpful, honest, hard-working, and friendly. Then think of better words for those qualities and use it in the project. I can maybe play with the fonts and colors to further describe my personality.

3) I wanted to take the category "what you enjoy" and just take photos of me doing those activities, which are making art, shopping, watching TV and listening to music. I can also add text to further describe the activity or make the background full of text.

4) I wanted to take photos with people who influence me and then write a quote that the person has said to me that has changed my life. I will put more color on the person and not me. I will use the same photo of myself to help connect the three panels. I wanted to use my 3 best friends or my family [my Mom, my Dad and my brother] for this idea. I was leaning towards this idea but still not quite sure yet.

5) I was considering maybe connecting 3 categories together or making a progression from each panel, like the beginning of my life to present day or the old me to the new me.

I thought of these ideas before I even took any photos, but after I took some photos I came up with the idea of incorporating my Asian background/culture in the triptych. The 3 photos I was leaning towards have leaves in the background which gives an Asian feel to them . I'm thinking about using those photos and to play around with them. But I came up with how the final construction of the pieces will look like. I want the photos to be printed on a scroll type of paper or maybe to use bamboo to frame the photos. I can even use chopsticks instead of bamboo. That is all I came up with so far. I still have to think about this idea some more to come up with a full concept for this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment