Sunday, April 19, 2009

*(Project 2: Self-Visualization)*

Panel 1

Panel 2

Panel 3

This is my final product for Project #2. For this project, I decided to go with my initial idea of incorporating my Asian background/culture. I decided to use Photoshop with this project so I could use the filters to create the different effects of an Asian painting. The filters helped make the original photograph seem simplier, which is how most Asian paintings are. I had to clone tool the bench out of the background to make it seem more uniform. I also added in the Chinese characters which mean Love, Happiness/Luckiness and Harmony in the order of the panels. To further add to the Asian feeling, I used the brush tool to add in the golden dots because most scrolls have that design.
For my construction of this piece, I decided to have it printed out 11x24 on Textured Fine Art Paper. After, I brought wood dowels for the scroll bars and hanging string. I will take a pic of the final construction of the piece and post it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment