Tuesday, May 5, 2009

*(Project #3: Handmade Book [Poem Visualization] Final Construction)*

Title Page

Back Cover

Pages in Accordian Style

Some of the Pages Up-Close

Description:

In my visualization of the poem, I attempted to emphasize the theme of love in a unique way. I also wanted to emphasize the importance of each line of the poem by creating each line on its own separate page with its own type and imagery. I chose this specific book structure because it relates really well with my interpretation/visualization of the poem. My book structure is in a 5 in by 5 in love card format and my interpretation/visualization of the poem is about how love can change a person and their life. The processes I used in creating the imagery and type for the book are all done in Adobe Illustrator. For creating the imagery, I used Illustrator to illustrate the lines of the poem by drawing them with the tools. For the type, I just did them in Illustrator and chose the typeface that would go along with the word/line. After I was done creating the imagery and type for each line, I decided to use the Phaser printer in the computer lab to print on my own chosen paper. I just chose to use regular poster paper because cards are usually made from poster paper or regular paper. I chose larger poster paper so I could make my book into an accordion book. I constructed the actual book by just gluing all those pages together and folding them to make them into an accordion form. I also added pink poster paper to the backs of the pages to make the card less filmsy. The main typeface I used was Monotype Corsiva for the words of each line. For the title page and back page I used the typeface called Handwriting-Dakota to make it look more like a handmade card. But for words I wanted to illustrate I used fonts that would describe the word so it varied.

No comments:

Post a Comment